Tuesday 23 October 2012

A bit of history

Tonight at dinner Mrs M and I get to meet Auntie Anna, who is Ann's auntie and one of the first of my family to have moved from Scotland to New Zealand in the 1920's.
Dinner with Auntie Anna
Before dinner we get to look through some great photos that Auntie has brought to show us which includes some of my dad as a little boy and a selection of me and my brother growing up.  One especially interesting one is my brother getting weighed as a baby...

Auntie has a great memory and was able to tell us some stories about going to Scotland in the late 1960s and also the 8 week boat journey back to NZ via Cape Town.

It was really interesting meeting Auntie Anna and finding out some more about the side of my family in New Zealand.

Mr M  

1 comment:

  1. Puts a different slant on the 'Manky Butcher' !!
    Price was 2/6d a lb !!!

    ReplyDelete